Friday, August 29, 2008

Checking in on the "What do to with my life?" question

Let's see...since last I've posted: I've shucked one non-profit commitment (Airport Board) for another (Co-Chairing the Paducah School of Art Fund drive with John); have been shamed into a website (appropriately so) which I started off like gangbusters with but now am procrastinating on the last few pages; found ways to kill enormous amounts of time on Facebook (friend me, please!) and Linked-in because it feels like I'm doing something; and, am taking a drawing class Mondays and Wednesdays at the art school on Broadway. I actually feel like my brain is being pried open and knowledge is being shoved in during the drawing class. I was horribly afraid of the "old dog, no new tricks" issue cropping up.

So, no closer to the big looming question, what do I want to do with the rest of my life?, but no further away either.

JAW and I had a good trip to Switzerland courtesy of Wachovia and added days to tour Provence. I had a cheese course there that was so good I burst into tears upon completion. I want to eat in France every day.

So, four months to go to figure out the question of the year. Don't know if it will happen or not. Suggestions for figuring it out would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Not only am I glad to know I'm not the only one wondering what to do with my life, I'm glad to see you've joined the blogosphere! I'll be adding you to my reading list.